CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
6th Floor, Athlos Building, 28 Nikis Avenue,
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a rapidly expanding International Group of Companies with diverse business interests, including Real Estate Investment & Development, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Legal Counsel to join their team based in Nicosia. The successful applicant will ideally hold approximately 10+ years of post-qualification experience in the areas of Corporate and Commercial law, with a particular emphasis on Real Estate Law. Fluency in English is a must as well as the ability to travel internationally as and when needed.
- The successful candidate will be reporting to the Global Head of Legal and will assist with and/or handle a broad spectrum transactional legal work related to and all the Group’s lines of business with a particular emphasis on Real Estate.
- Draft, negotiate and review various legal documents and agreements relating to the acquisition of real estate, construction projects, renovation projects, real estate leasing, financing and banking documents for property acquisitions and various ongoing asset management agreements.
- Draft, review, negotiate and interpret a wide range of commercial agreements.
- Collaborate with members of the legal team on various projects and strategic initiatives.
- Oversee legal matters relating to the incorporation and upkeeping of the companies across the various jurisdictions of the Group’s operation.
- Review and advise on internal governance policies and regularly monitor and manage compliance with respect to business registrations, various regulatory agencies and the business license approvals processes.
- Respond promptly to internal requests, summarizing and communicating legal risks while allowing a balance of risk that conforms to the Group’s business objectives.
- Conduct legal research and provide general legal advice and counsel the business teams on legal solutions relating to all aspects of the Group’s expanding operations in all sites.
- Regularly monitor and manage compliance of corporate and real estate asset portfolio across all sites of the Group’s operation.
- Law degree with strong academic credentials in the EU.
- 10+ years of post-qualification experience in Law, with a particular emphasis on Real Estate Law.
- Masters’ degree is a plus.
- Licensed to practice in the EU/UK.
- Ability to work as part of a project team structure.
- Excellent command of English language (spoken and written).
- Knowledge and understanding of general real estate law, construction law, finance law and other related corporate and commercial laws, regulations and procedures, as well as industry trends and new laws that will impact the Group.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the capacity to simultaneously handle a variety of complex matters under strict deadlines and pressure. Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently and to prioritize workflow in order to meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to form strong working relationship with employees and global team while maintaining firm adherence to legal standards are required.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including ability to effectively relay large amounts of information in a concise and plain manner.
- Ability to work on standard templates and customize them when necessary so as to adjust them to specific business needs.