CyprusNet is not responsible or liable for any scams, frauds, misleading job offerings or false resume information within Cyprus Jobs free service. We strongly recommend that users never reveal private information such as credit cards, bank accounts, insurance numbers, passports, ID numbers or give away any money and so forth.
If you've been targeted by a job scam, report to: Cyprus Crime Combating Department
101 Gladstonos street
A rapidly expanding group of companies are working with GRS to recruit a Senior Legal Counsel to join their Limassol Investment division. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Financial Services company, with fluency in both Russian and English. This role combines general commercial legal issues and more specific financial services and investment business matters for a CySEC regulated AIFM with a branch of the company in the UK, and involves advising the company’s business people on the legal aspects of financial services. The team are industry experts and highly professional offering a competitive salary package plus full medical insurance. If you have the necessary skills and experience, then we look forward to receiving your CV for this Limassol based Senior Legal Counsel role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing, mitigating and monitoring legal risks and advising the company and its Management on potential risk issues.
- Advising Management, Business, Compliance, Risk, Client Relationship Management, Back Office and other departments of the company on a wide range of legal issues relating to its activities, in areas such as individual and collective portfolio asset management (including management of AIFs (Cyprus), UCITS (ETFs, AIFs, Ireland) and non-EU investment funds (Cayman Islands)), investment business, securities, corporate and company internal matters, cross-border data protection and confidentiality issues.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a broad range of general commercial and financial services agreements used by Business, including individual and collective portfolio management agreements, distribution and introductory services agreements, delegated portfolio management agreements, brokerage and custody terms of business with financial institutions such as regulated brokers, custodians, securities sale and purchase agreements, ISDA, GMRA with financial institutions, IP contracts, IT and other services agreements, powers of attorneys, data protection and confidentiality agreements, etc.
- Working closely with Compliance team to ensure legal documentation, where relevant, complies with CySEC rules.
- Advising on corporate law related matters under Cyprus law; assisting the company’s secretary in drafting board and shareholders’ resolutions and ensuring their compliance with Cyprus law.
- Providing clear targeted advice on ad-hoc legal and regulatory issues, including cross-border issues in conjunction with external legal adviser as appropriate.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge and understanding of the legal, regulatory, political and policy matrix in which the company operates.
- Contributing to the Group legal team’s efforts to standardise and automate internal procedures, processes, documents templates used within the Group legal team and across the company and the Group.
- Managing disputes, actual and potential litigation.
- Undertaking legal and case law research; and liaising with and managing external legal advisers.
- UK, Cypriot or other EU-country qualified lawyer; Russian law qualification is a plus.
- Russian native speaker with excellent command of written and spoken English.
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in a bank, investment firm, AIFM, financial services company or law firm in banking/financial practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of the legal, regulatory, and ethical framework of the EU (Cypriot) financial services industry.
- Ability to work alone or within a small team.
- Good organisation skills and ability to manage a workload under pressure.
- Excellent ability to learn and to convey the relevant law to various teams within the company.
- Understanding cultural differences in the workplace.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and communicate effectively with the business.
- Ability to contribute effectively through successful delegation, supervision, or participation.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Ross Pitman, email@example.com quoting the above job reference or call +357 25 342 720 for further information.